As part of the DIT expansion project in Dublin 7 to provide DIT with college accommodation, Cosgrove Electrical Services completed refurbishment of six existing preserved building structures up to 2014.
This project involved the creation of the new DIT Campus, at Grangegorman, in Dublin’s north inner city. The new campus is the largest investment in 3rd level education, in the history of the State.
The development comprises six listed buildings developed by the GDA.
Structure 8 - Photographic & arts facility and teaching building.
Structure 17 – Main Grangegorman campus main IT hub building.
Structure 19 – Library and General administration building
Structure 20 – Gym building
Structure 21 – General study building
Structure 22 – Recreational building and student study facility
- The main Electrical installation distribution network was a centralised control centre with new sub mains cabling to each building.
- Centralised UPS back-up for the Main IT control room. 2 No large UPS in the communications room with clean supplies to the comm cabinets maintaining the Copper & Fibre backbone throughout the campus from the Main IT hub.
- Luminaries were all Dali centralised controlled Dali system with addressable emergency lighting system. The PC control was programmed to control all lighting levels. The centralised addressable emergency lighting system would report all failures and test out of hours as required by DIT maintenance.
- Underground cabling in particular the LV runs in dedicated service trench ducting.
- Intruder alarm system & Security (CCTV) were all centralised back to the DIT central monitoring station in Dublin City.
- Fire alarm installation networks from building to building. Linked back to the main office in the City Centre via digital dialler unit.
- CCTV installation – IP system linked to structure 17 and remotely accessible for live streaming. PTZ pole mounted campus security cameras were installed throughout.
- Access Control & Security – Installation of new card processing machine on site and linking to existing campus system.
- Data & Fibre installations – Multi Mode Fibre links between all buildings and installation of all active equipment.
- Data Full Cat6A installation throughout the refurbished projects.
- Campus infrastructure live interface connections – Fire – Security – Intruder – Access – Addressable lighting – Copper backbone - BMS.